Terms and Conditions for Participation
The completed Application Form shall be submitted together with full payment to the Organizers to qualify for allocation of space/Exhibition Stand not later than a week to the commencement Dwa pa fair. (All foreign exhibitors should email their completed application forms to the organizers. Once signed, the Application Form shall become a binding contract between the Dwapa Trade and Tourism fair Organisers and the exhibiting company.
ALLOCATION OF FAIR SPACE
- The organizers shall allocate space/stand/pavilion to each Exhibitor in accordance with the organizers classification or products/materials/services. The Organisers reserve the right to allocate available space and size on the Fair grounds entirely at the Organizers own discretion.
Exhibitors shall be liable for any damage to any structures including the halls, buildings and stands and shall not paint or otherwise deface or alter or affix anything to the floor, ceiling, pillar or walls without the prior written consent of the organizers.
- The Organizers reserves the right to change the location of any Exhibitor without being liable for damages or compensation if circumstances call for such change and /or if the Exhibitor fails to take possession of his or her space/stand within the prescribed period.
- An Exhibitor who does not make the required payment within the prescribed period or fails to fulfill any or all the conditions required for space allocation shall forfeit the space allocated and the right to participate.
USE OF FAIR SPACE
- Exhibitors shall exhibit only the particular products, goods or materials or product group or type stated on the Application Form. Any later additions must be by the approval of the organizers.
- Every exhibitor shall have his or her stand ready and all displays/merchandise completed before the opening day of the Fair. Failure to do so without any reason would result in eviction without refund of any fees and compensation and the stand reallocated (Refer Sec. c)
SUB-LETTING OF FAIR SPACE: Exhibitors shall not sublet the space/stand/pavilion allocated to them to any third party either wholly or in part without the written consent of the Organizers. The breach of this term would attract eviction from participation.
DAMAGED/DEFACEMENT TO THE FAIR STRUCTURES/HALLS/PROPERTY
Exhibitors shall be liable for any damage to any structure including the halls, building and stands and shall not paint or otherwise deface or alter or fix anything to the floor, ceiling, pillar, or walls without the prior written consent of the organizers.
CONSTRUTION OF STANDS/PAVILIONS
The Fair Grounds shall be open to Exhibitors at a date fixed by the Organizers for the purpose of the construction of their stands/pavilions and the mounting of their various exhibits, materials and products Exhibitors who use more space than the area allocated them shall be surcharged for the additional space. Exhibitors who wish to construct their own stands are at liberty to do so. Specially designed custom stands will also be available for rental please contact: The Director at 0208006441 or 0244249322 Email : email@example.com.
Exhibitors shall not engage in and shall not allow any part of their stands pavilions or space allocated to them to be used for gambling, drinking, drugs, wrestling, boxing dancing or any other anti-social behaviors. The Organizers opinion should be sought and approval obtained in writing for proposed activities on the Fair grounds.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
- All payments due to the Organizers of the Trade Fair for allocation of space. Charges for utilities and advertisements in the Trade Fair catalogue shall be made fully by cash or Bank Certified Drafts made payable to Dwa-pa Trade Fair.
- Payments by Ghanaian Exhibitors or accredited agents of Foreign Companies (Companies registered in Ghana) shall be made in Cedis equivalent of the Dollar at the prevailing Forex Bureau Rate to. Dwa-pa Trade Fair
- Payments by all Foreign Exhibitors shall be made in US Dollars/ Euro/C FA to Dwapa Trade Fair.
WITHDRAWAL BY EXHIBITOR
Without prejudice to the rights and remedies of the organizers in respect of any breach of contract on the part of any exhibitor, the organizers may, at their discretion, allow an exhibitor to withdraw from participation subject to the following conditions:
- The exhibitor shall give to the organizers written notice of his desire to withdraw from participation at the Trade and Tourism Fair;
- If the said withdrawal is accepted, the organizers shall convey their acceptance in writing to the affected exhibitor;
- The exhibitors would be required to pay a penalty for such withdrawal. Refunds will only be processed after the Fair ends.
The rate of refunds shall be as follows:
Date of receipt of notice of withdrawal/proportion of value of contract refundable.
- Two Months Before ………………………….40%
- One Months Before ………………………….20%
- Two Weeks Before …………………………..Nil
BREACH OF CONTRACT BY EXHIBITORS
In the event of default or failure on the part of the exhibitor in observing or performing any of the provisions of the contract or of the Terms and Conditions of this Prospectus, the organizers shall have the right to terminate the contract forthwith by notice in writing to such defaulting exhibitor.
- In the event of such termination all rentals paid by the defaulting exhibitor shall be fortified to the organizers. The exhibitor shall indemnify the organizers against all cost, losses, damage or expenses (including any consequential loss or damage) incurred as a result of such failure or default.
CHANGE OF DATE
The Organizers reserve the right to change the date and duration of the Trade Fair if exceptional circumstances so demand. Exhibitors shall be duly notified of such change. In the event of such change as stated in (a) above all contracts and/or other agreement for participation shall remain in force and the exhibitors shall not be entitled to any claim for damages or compensation for such change.
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT OF TRADE FAIR
The organizers shall not be liable for any loss or damages sustained by any exhibitor, participant or contractor or any other persons for the cancellation or postponement, of the Dwa-pa Trade and Tourism Fair or the reduction of the advertised duration of the Fair as a result of :
- Force majeure;
- Acts of war, military activity, political/civil unrest, disturbance or riots;
- Legislation by Government of Ghana;
- Fire, flood, tempest, excessively inclement weather, storms, earthquakes;
- Damage caused by an aerial object or aircraft;
In the event of the cancellation or postponement of the fair as a result of any or a combination of the events stated above 25% of the payments made by exhibitors may be refunded by the organizers.
CONSTRUCTION OF STANDS/PAVILIONS BY EXHIBITORS
- Subject to approval exhibitors may be granted permission by the organizers to construct, and set up their stands/pavilions or shell schemes themselves provided they follow laid down procedures and designs as communicated from time to time by the organizers.
- Before commencing such construction, the exhibitor must have a confirmed space allocation and must also submit the drawings for the proposed construction for necessary approval in writing by the organizers or their designated agents.
- The exhibitor shall be liable for any damage caused to neighboring or other exhibitors, common property or visitors by such exhibitors or their servants or agents during stand construction.
- The construction, furnishing and decoration of all stands/pavilions or shell scheme stands must be completed by 6:00pm a day before the fair.
- Any exhibitor whose constructed stand extends beyond the space paid for and approved for such exhibitor shall be liable to pay as penalty an amount equal to double the cost of such additional space.
MOVEMENT OF EXHIBITES
- Exhibitors shall be responsible for the cost of transporting their exhibits to the Fair grounds and shall also be responsible for the cost of dismantling and removing them at the end of the Fair.
- Movement of vehicles and off-loading of exhibits /goods shall not be allowed during the hours of the Fair (i.e.10:00am-3:00pm) throughout the duration of the Fair.
- The exhibitor shall remove all exhibits/goods from the Fair grounds within two (2) days of the end of the Fair failing which they shall be liable to indemnify the Organizer in the sum of Three Hundred and US Dollars ($300) per day or Three Hundred and Sixty Ghana Cedis (GHC360) for everyday for which they are in breach of the period of grace.
- All reasonable security precautions shall be taken by the Organizers during the Fair period of the safety and protection of exhibitors and visitors to the fair.
- Exhibitors shall however be responsible for the security of their stands/pavilions exhibits and goods and the organizers shall not be held liable for any loss, theft or damage to such exhibits/goods before, during or after the fair.
- In order to ensure adequate security and safety for all persons, exhibitors, visitors and the organizers, including their contractors and agents should know the driving of any vehicles within the fair grounds if not allowed. Vehicles parked at un-approved Car Parks on the Fair grounds between the hours of 10:00am and 8:pm daily shall be towed. Such vehicles would only be released after the payment of GHC100 as penalty.
Fire Service Personnel shall patrol the Fair grounds and shall be authorized to limit or stop any demonstration by any exhibitor if in their estimation it could be a potential fair hazard.
All exhibitors shall be required to provide fire exhibitors shall be required to provide fire extinguishers and other fire prevention equipment at their stands/pavilions where inflammable products are displayed.
All exhibitors shall maintain personal and appropriate insurance policy to cover their products as well as their participation at the trade fair. They shall indemnify the organizers against all cost, claims, demand, and expenses to which they may suffer as a result of any loss or damage, claim or injury occurring or arising to any persons, goods or structures however caused in the duration of the Fair. For the purpose of this clause, ‘the duration of the Fair’ shall include the period before the actual official commencement of the Fair, when stands, pavilion and structures, are being erected and exhibits mounted and the period after the official closing when stands, pavilions and all structures are being dismantled and exhibits removed.
PROHIBITED & UNDESIRABLE EXHIBITS
The Organizers absolutely prohibit the display or sale of the under-listed items during the Trade Fair:
- Explosives and inflammable materials;
- Firearms and ammunition;
- Radioactive products and materials;
- Wildlife and dangerous animals;
- Pornographic or offensive materials;
- Chemicals of a toxic or hazardous nature.
Any exhibitor wishing to use or demonstrate with petrol, fuel, oil, paraffin, ethyl alcohol, acetylene, or any other combustible materials or operate any machine/equipment that may cause or is likely to cause explosions and /or fire outbreaks, shall be required to obtain the approval in writing of the officials of the Ghana National Fire Service present on the Fairgrounds.
Demonstrations by exhibitors with heavy moving machinery or equipment shall be undertaken only at agreed intervals and specified area stipulated by the organizers.
MOBILE EXHIBITORS /HAWKERS
Mobile exhibitor, hawkers, vagrants, itinerant traders, beggar etc shall not be allowed within the Fair grounds during the Trade Fair. Such goods shall be confiscated.
SALE OF EXHIBITS
- Exhibitors may sell their exhibits/goods at the Fair grounds subject to the Ghana Customs & Exercise Service Regulations;
- The sale of exhibits/goods shall be confined to each exhibitor’s stand/pavilion only;
- Exhibitors who violate this provision shall be evicted from the Fair.
CARSTICKERS & EXHIBITORS PASSESS
Each stand of 9m2 is entitled for one (1) car sticker and three (3) passes including the exhibitor’s own pass. Please, submit three (3) passport size pictures together with your Application and Contract Form to Ghana Trade Fair Company Limited. For extra passes / stickers, please find below:
Additional Pass cost – 20gh
Additional Car Sticker costs – 40gh
ENTRANCE FEES WILL BE CHARGED ON SPECIAL DAYS
Please note that a Car Sticker admits a car and the driver to the General Fair grounds car park. Each passenger in the car passing through the official gate of the exhibition must possess and entry sticker/gate pass. Without it, the passenger must pay the appropriate gate fee.
The organizers reserve the right as and when necessary to issue supplementary regulations in addition to those in each contract made between the exhibitors and the organizers as well as these Terms and Conditions for participation.
DISPUTES/DIFFERENCE & INTERPRETATIONS
Any dispute, difference, or question which may arise between the organizers and any exhibitor touching upon the true interpretation of the Contract made between the parties and or these Terms & Conditions for participation or the rights and liabilities of the parties shall be decided by the Planning Committee.
Similarly for the purpose of interpretation of the foregoing Terms and Conditions/individual clauses contained therein, the organizers interpretation shall be final.
The terms and conditions of participation as above are subject change or review without notice to participants. Further information about the Fair can be obtained from:
THE EXHIBITION DIRECTOR
DWA-PA TRADE AND TOURISM FAIR
P. O. BOX AT 286
NB: All exhibitors should note that NO vehicle will be allowed to park around the exhibition halls. All exhibitors are requested to park at the designated car parks.